Our guest in Episode Two is Scott McCleod, Head of Engagement and Communications at Everton FC (full bio below).
We discuss how as a club they make sure Fan Engagement is at the centre of everything they do from the board to matchday, and why he admires Roma’s English social media channel.
Key Insights from Episode Two
- Ensure you’ve got buy-in from the board and leadership team when it comes to your club’s strategic approach to Fan Engagement
- Understand your supporters’ groups, but realise that ‘love of the club’ is the common thread
- Don’t let silos develop between any separate staff/staff teams that deal with fans
- Remember that commercial benefits flow from the right approach to Fan Engagement
- Roma’s Twitter channel: https://twitter.com/ASRomaEN
Scott McCleod Full Bio
Deputy to the Director of Media, Marketing & Comms and with direct responsibility for the Club’s PR, Media, Digital, Content, Fan Services, Engagement and Events teams, Scott has also been Head of Engagement, Head of Content and Interim Head of Media & Communications at the club.
Before joining Everton in 2005, he worked for the Liverpool Echo, Northwich Guardian and Warrington Guardian Series (Newsquest North West)
And don’t forget you can join the Fan Engagement Network at faninsights.co.uk/network