Our guest in Episode One is Dan McGeachie, who most recently lead the marketing for one of City Football Group’s new businesses within Manchester City FC (read Dan McGeachie’s full Bio below). These podcasts will bring you insights straight from the experts, and we’ll be publishing them on the second Tuesday of each month. You can listen via http://faninsights.co.uk/podcast You can also download and listen to it via Acast: https://shows.acast.com/fan-engagement-pod
We talk about Lad Bible and not getting caught up chasing trends, tackle that old cliche ‘authenticity’, and discuss how important it is to do things for fans that don’t always appear on the engagement stats at the end of the week.
Key Insights from Episode One
- Don’t forget: Social Media is a fundamental tool of communications, not a ‘nice to have’
- Don’t get caught up chasing trends: Lad Bible isn’t your key demographic, your fans are
- Be true to your football club. Learn lessons from others, but don’t copy and paste
- Create a ‘Help’ channel for queries and enquiries by fans (see the Fan Engagement Index for more on this)
- #ProperBradford (Bradford (Park Avenue)): https://bpafc.com/2019-2020-bradford-park-avenue-season-tickets-are-now-on-sale/
- British Airways Twitter Account: twitter.com/british_airways
Dan McGeachie Full Bio
Dan is a specialist in marketing and communications, and has experience in football from the grassroots to the top of the game, having worked for the West Riding County FA in their marketing team, to recently leading the marketing for one of City Football Group’s new businesses within Manchester City FC. He also had spells in The National League with Harrogate Town and at Bradford City. Whilst at Bradford City, Daniel was a member of the EFL’s Digital Working Group.
He’s also an associate of Fan Insights, and helped us to develop our social media measurement for the Fan Engagement Index
And don’t forget you can join the Fan Engagement Network at faninsights.co.uk/network